Sunday, May 20, 2012

Redeeming, Risen, Reigning

“My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?... They pierced My hands and My feet… I will declare Thy name unto My brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise Thee… All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before Thee.  For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and He is the Governor among the nations” (Psalm 22:1-28).

Redeeming, Risen, Reigning Lord,
We see these portraits here of You,
In these prophetic scenes explored
Displayed throughout Psalm twenty-two!

Redeeming Lord, we hear Your cry,
And here at Calvary’s cross we meet,
As thus we’re called to ponder why
You let them pierce Your hands and feet!

O Risen Lord, with jubilation,
You now declare Your Father’s name
Amidst the joyful congregation
You call as brethren without shame!

O Reigning Lord, that day is shown
When You will reign on earth as God,
And we shall see You on Your throne
Then rule all nations with Your rod.

Lord, thank You for these views sublime
That manifest You through the ages,
As You transport our faith through time
By this great Psalm in Scripture’s pages.

No comments: