Monday, May 14, 2012

Heritage of our Hope

“The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: Thou maintainest my lot.  The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage…. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.  For Thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt Thou suffer Thine Holy One to see corruption.  Thou wilt show me the path of life: in Thy presence is fullness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore” (Psalm 16:5-11).  “The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death” (Proverbs 14:32).

How great is the Portion we have in the Lord!
How pleasant the lines are defining our treasure!
How good is the heritage we look toward:
In Christ we have hope and joy beyond measure!

How sweet is the knowledge of hope that is sure,
Confirmed by our Savior at His resurrection!
Our heart and our soul are forever secure;
Our flesh rests in hope with this great expectation!

It’s not that we’re worthy of this hope we claim.
Praise God!  Jesus Christ on the cross has procured
Salvation for all who will call on His name:
By grace we are saved, and through faith we’re assured!

The wicked are those who at last will refuse
The hope thus extended to all who repent.
They’re driven away by the path that they choose,
And thus to a grave without hope they are sent.

O Lord, give we thanks for this heavenly view
Of life everlasting You’ve shown on this path,
Which clearly foretold what You surely would do
To conquer the grave and to save us from wrath!

No comments: