Sunday, May 02, 2010

Rapid Return

"If they sin against Thee (for there is no man that sinneth not)... yet if they bethink themselves... and so return to Thee with all their heart... forgive Thy people" (1 Kings 8:46-50). "I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto Thy testimonies. I made haste, and delayed not to keep Thy commandments" (Psalm 119:59,60). "O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?" (Matthew 14:31).

I remember those days when I pondered my path,
And I thought on my ways as I drew near to wrath.

I remember my haste when I then turned my feet,
When I took my first taste of the Gospel so sweet!

I remember the start when the Lord purged my sin,
And the joy of my heart when He first entered in.

I remember, yet still, there are times when I stray
From my Lord's perfect will when I have my own way.

I remember my Savior, and return to my Lord
To confess my behavior, and my soul is restored.

I remember and haste with a rapid return.
What mercies I waste when I'm slower to learn!

I remember, O God, and I'm still finding out
How little and flawed is my faith when I doubt!

No comments: