Saturday, August 01, 2009

Fearless Favor

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me.... Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever" (Psalm 23:4,6). "Whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from the fear of evil" (Proverbs 1:33). "All that the Father giveth Me shall come to Me, and him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out" (John 6:37).

In this Psalm, the twenty-third,
God removes our fear with grace,
For here our Shepherd's voice is heard
In every season we can trace.

Here we find the fearless favor
God extends by invitation:
All who come to know the Savior
Are secure in His salvation.

When we're walking through the vale
Where death's shadow will attend,
His promise surely will not fail:
He will be our closest Friend.

God has promised those who hear
And turn to Him while yet they may,
Shall be quiet from the fear
Of evil in the judgment day.

Jesus Christ removed all doubt
By His promise with this thrust:
He in no way will cast out
Those who place in Him their trust.

Thank You, Lord, for giving rest
By perfect love that casts out fear,
Where fear of evil can't molest,
As fearless favor draws us near.

No comments: