Monday, August 31, 2009

Refreshing Reproof

"Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou Me more than these? He saith unto Him, Yea, Lord, Thou knowest that I love Thee. He saith unto him, Feed My Lambs.... Feed My Sheep.... Follow Me.... Then Peter, turning about... saith unto Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? Follow thou Me" (John 21:15-21).

How refreshing is correction
Coming from our risen Lord,
Pointing us toward perfection
In His calling and reward!

If we love Him, we shall know
The way that we should take;
He will lead us and will show
Our path for His name's sake.

"Feed My sheep" and "Follow Me."
This is what our Savior said,
And sometimes "What is that to thee?"
When we have turned our head.

Daily let us hear His voice,
And go wherever He will lead.
Love for Him will guide our choice,
And give reproof we surely need.

No comments: