Thursday, August 06, 2009

Freedom from Frowardness

"O Lord, my Rock, be not silent to me: lest, if Thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down to the pit.... because they regard not the works of the Lord, nor the operation of His hands, He shall destroy them, and not build them up" (Psalm 28:1,5). "If ye believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your sins.... Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, If ye continue in My word, then are ye My disciples indeed, and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:24,31,32).

Let Your likeness, Lord, increase
Within me as You speak each day.
O Lord, if You would ever cease,
How quickly I would go astray!

O be not silent, Lord, I pray,
Lest my heart be likewise hard,
Like those who, froward in their way,
See Your works, but don't regard.

For soon this world of frowardness
That chooses not to understand,
Will soon be found in great distress
By the judgment from Your hand.

Thank You, Lord, for freedom given
As I continue in Your Word;
Not by frowardness now driven,
But daily by Your voice I've heard.

No comments: