Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Light and Life

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?.... One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after... to behold the beauty of the Lord" (Psalm 27:1,4). "Then spake Jesus again unto them saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life" (John 8:12).

The Lord is our Light and Salvation;
The Lord is the Strength of our life.
His Word is our sweet meditation,
Our sword, and our shield in strife.

How much He illumines our mind,
As we seek Him in all of His beauty!
How great is the strength there we find,
For performing our calling and duty!

Of whom should we then be afraid?
His light causes darkness to flee.
The powers of darkness arrayed
All tremble at His majesty.

The Light of the world has entered
Where darkness once had its domain.
Now Christ is the Life that is centered
In all who will have Him to reign.

No comments: