Sunday, August 16, 2009

Call of His Cause

August 15: CALL of His CAUSE

"Now is My soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save Me from this hour? But for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify Thy name" (John 12:27,28).


When trouble invades my soul with its power,
What then shall I say to it all?
It is for this cause that I came to this hour:
The words of My Lord I recall.

My Savior knew all of the trouble that waited,
Yet none of it gave His soul pause.
In spite of the sorrows He anticipated,
He never lost sight of His cause.

And what was the cause to which He was drawn?
Was it not to procure my salvation?
Yes! It was for my soul He marched on,
To save me from sure condemnation!

The call of His cause now beckons my soul;
I lift up my eyes to His throne.
Trouble may come, but He's control;
I'll press toward the cause He makes known.

No comments: