Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Eloquent Evidence

"Many, O Lord my God, are Thy wonderful WORKS which Thou hast done, and Thy thoughts which are to usward... Sacrifice and offering Thou didst not desire; Mine ears hat Thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast Thou not required. Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is WRITTEN of Me" (Psalm 40:5-7). "Now I tell you before it come, that when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am He... I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father but by Me.... Believe Me for the very works' sake" (John 13:19, 14:6,11).

Many, O Lord, are the works You have done
Fulfilling the promises You prophesied.
There's no other book in the world, not one,
That offers such evidence like You provide.

There is no reason now we should make a mistake;
We ought to believe every Word in Your Book
By the eloquent evidence of Your works' sake,
Inviting us there to objectively look.

All the evidence speaks! O how great is the sum
Of each precious thought You communicate thus!
In Your Book it was written: You said, "Lo, I come,"
Providing the Way of salvation for us.

There's only one Way of salvation required;
It's not in those offerings of old sacrificed.
There's only one Offering that God has desired:
His Lamb of perfection: our Lord Jesus Christ!

No comments: