Wednesday, July 01, 2009

The Cry to Christ

"I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. I cried unto to Thee, O Lord: I said: Thou art my Refuge and my Portion in the land of the living" (Psalm 142:4,5). "No man gave unto him. And when he came to himself, he said.... I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee" (Luke 15:16-18).

There was a day that I recall
That I had looked around to see
That no man cared for me at all
Regarding my eternity.

Yes, I remember it so well!
I wondered where my soul would be:
In heaven or eternal hell?
How fearful was that time for me!

Finding no one who would care,
I simply had no other choice:
I lifted up my awkward prayer,
And Jesus Christ then heard my voice!

I came to Christ confessing sin,
I thanked Him that He died for me,
And then and there He entered in
To save my soul eternally!

No comments: