Thursday, July 02, 2009

Daily Discernment

"Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning, for in Thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk, for I lift up my soul unto Thee.... Teach me to do Thy will; for Thou art my God: Thy Spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness" (Psalm 143:8,10).

Lord, cause me hear Your love in the morning
Before I advance through the course of the day,
Before I am met with the hatred and scorning
Of those who are bitterly going astray.

Lord, cause me know the path I should walk,
For I lift up my soul this morning to You.
Though conflicts will come and sinners will mock,
I'd walk in Your counsel, eternally true.

Balanced by love and the wisdom You give,
Cause me to live out the truth that I learn.
Teach me, O Lord, everyday how to live,
Led by the Spirit of God to discern.

No comments: