Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Invalidating the Invitation

"And Moses said... We are journeying unto the place of which the Lord said, I will give it you: come thou with us, and we will do thee good: for the Lord hath spoken good concerning Israel. And he said unto him, I will not go; but I will depart to mine own land, and to my kindred" (Numbers 10:29,30). "A certain man made a great supper, and bade many.... Come, for all things are now ready. And they all with one consent began to make excuse.... I say unto you, that none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper" (Luke 14:16-24).

Come with us and see the good
Of all the promised land!
God has made it understood
And stretches forth His hand.

How marvelous His invitation!
How can it be refused?
Yet many brush aside salvation,
And wish to be excused!

Beware of Satan's great seduction
That smoothes the slippery slope,
And paves the highway of destruction,
Until there is no hope.

Come, for all that saves is done!
We journey to that place
Prepared ahead by God the Son
For all He saves by grace!

Come, and do not hesitate;
Avoid procrastination,
Lest you should thus invalidate
His gracious invitation!

No comments: