Friday, July 24, 2009

Temple Trouble

"By knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.... The thought of foolishness is sin" (Proverbs 24:4,9). "Take these things hence: make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.... He [Jesus] knew what was in man" (John 2:16,25).

Lord, I know that You're aware
Of all within this temple space:
My spirit, soul, and body there
Are sanctuaries of Your grace.

You know that trouble may invade
With other things that enter in,
And precious things I'd never trade,
May be replaced by thoughts of sin.

Lord, it comforts me to know
That You have never lost Your zeal
For every temple here below
In every child of God You heal.

Come, Lord Jesus, have Your way
Within Your Father's house of prayer.
Cleanse my heart and soul today
Of every wayward thought and care.

Cleanse me of the merchandise
That would rob me of Your peace.
Search me with Your holy eyes;
Till I'm home, Lord, never cease!

No comments: