Thursday, July 30, 2009

All for Asking

"The king shall joy in Thy strength, O Lord, and in Thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice! Thou hast given him his heart's desire, and hast not withholden the request of his lips.... He asked life of Thee, and Thou gavest it him, even length of days forever and ever" (Psalm 21:1,2,4). "Ye will not come to Me, that ye might have life" (John 5:40).

How greatly, Lord, I now rejoice,
As in Your love I'm basking!
I cried for help, You heard my voice,
And gave all I was asking!

Indeed, my Lord, You gave me more
Than I could ask or think!
I did not ask for heaven's store,
But only not to sink.

I did not know the awful price,
Or how great that task
To save my soul by sacrifice;
All I could do was ask.

I did not know how fierce the strife
You entered, Lord, for me.
I only asked You for my life;
You went to Calvary!

How great will be the lamentation
Eternally for some
Who will not ask You for salvation,
Though You, Lord, bid them come!

All for asking! How astounding
Is Your love that hears our prayers
And answers us with grace abounding,
As we cast on You our cares!

No comments: