Sunday, February 08, 2009

Wakened Will

"I will love Thee, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my strength, in whom I trust, by buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies" (Psalm 18:1-3).

I will love the Lord my God, and on Him I will call,
Who is worthy to be praised with all my energy.
Like a mighty fortress and a tower strong and tall,
He has saved my troubled soul from every enemy.

My will has been awakened to the great reality,
That love is a decision that surrenders my control.
So it is that I will love that One who first loved me,
Who gave Himself to rescue me and to redeem my soul.

My will has been awakened to the pressing need to pray,
Casting all my care on Him because He cares for me.
So it is that I will call upon the Lord each day,
To find the grace that He will give to live obediently.

No comments: