Friday, February 06, 2009

Colossal Counsel

"I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel.... because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope" (Psalm 16:7,9). "My son, keep thy Father's commandment.... When thou goest it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest it shall keep thee; and when thou wakest, it shall talk with thee" (Proverbs 6:20,22). "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand" (Revelation 1:3).

I will bless the Lord who gives
His counsel that instructs my heart.
I rejoice to know He lives
And His counsel will impart.

Colossal counsel! He who reads
Shall surely by His Word be blest!
Thereby God has met our needs
For our gladness, hope, and rest.

When we're walking, when we're sleeping,
When we're waking everyday,
God is leading, He is keeping,
Giving counsel to obey.

Let us never take for granted
The counsel from our Maker's mind:
Obey His Word that He has planted
That there may be fruit He'll find.

No comments: