Thursday, February 19, 2009

Added to Almighty

"And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord: and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by My name JEHOVAH was I not known to them" (Exodus 6:2,3).

JEHOVAH was the glorious name
That God had not unveiled
Until His servant Moses came,
Who by that name prevailed.

Almighty was the name once known
When God appeared before,
But now to Moses it was shown
His name revealing more.

JEHOVAH was the name God gave
That simply means "I AM."
And by that name would Moses save
The seed of Abraham.

Yet to this world God further reached
By sending forth His Son.
There is no other Savior preached:
Christ is the only One.

God has added to "I AM"
That name exceeding all:
Jesus Christ, His spotless Lamb,
And on His name we call!

No comments: