Friday, February 20, 2009

Faithful by His Favor

"Lord, by Thy favor Thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: Thou didst hide Thy face, and I was troubled" (Psalm 30:7). "Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?.... Who can say, I have made my heart clean; I am pure from my sin?" (Proverbs 20:6,9).

Lord, indeed, it was Your hand
And Your favor on my side
That alone could make me stand
And my mountain to abide.

Sometimes You may hide Your face,
Though You never will depart,
Teaching me to trust Your grace
Rather than my sinful heart.

A faithful man cannot be found
Who from his sin is purified,
Without the grace that may abound
Because our Savior for us died.

Lord, we know it's by Your favor
That we have our faithfulness.
All we need is Christ our Savior,
Nothing more and nothing less!

No comments: