Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Intimate Instruction

"Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding... For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother. He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words.... My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.... Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil" (Proverbs 4:1-4,20,27). "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth" (3 John 4).

Hear instruction from a Father
Administered with tender love:
Lesser love would never bother
To instruct us from above.

Hear instruction that is pure,
Perfect wisdom, undefiled,
From the Father's love secure,
Finding pleasure in His child.

Hear instruction from the heart
Of the Father who knows best
How to perfectly impart
Truth that gives us joy and rest.

Hear instruction and obey,
Turning neither left nor right,
Walking in the Father's way
By His truth that gives us light.

Hear instruction we employ
As from a Father to His youth,
Who has no sweeter, greater joy
Than to know we walk in truth.

No comments: