Friday, February 13, 2009

Led by the Lamb

"The Lord is my Shepherd...He leadeth me" (Psalm 23:1-3). "The Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto the living fountain of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes" (Revelation 7:17).

The Lord is my Shepherd, and yet He's the Lamb,
Who leads and who feeds all His own.
He cares for my needs, He knows who I am,
And orders my way from His throne.

The Lord is the Lamb, majestic, yet lowly,
Reminding His own of His love.
Because we were sinners, undone and unholy,
Our ransom must come from above.

The Lord is the Lamb who went to the cross,
To suffer and die in our place.
He ransomed our souls from unspeakable loss,
And saved us with marvelous grace.

The Lord is the Lamb, so loving and wise,
Acquainted with all of our grief.
All of our tears He will wipe from our eyes,
And all of our thirst give relief.

No comments: