Sunday, February 15, 2009

Israel's Answer: I AM

"And Moses said unto God, When I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is His name? What shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you" (Exodus 3:13,14).

Moses was appointed to declare the name of God,
The great I AM eternally for ages without end.
The Lord sent him to Egypt to spread His fame abroad,
Proclaiming thus deliverance to those God would defend.

Jesus Christ, the great I AM from all eternity,
The Source of all the absolutes of matter, time, and space,
Whose absolutes condemn as well our immorality,
Once left His throne of glory to impart to us His grace.

Israel's answer was the Lord, the great I AM indeed!
God alone could set them free from bondage and from strife.
So it is for us as well He meets our greatest need:
He is the Christ who says I AM the Way, the Truth, the Life!

No comments: