Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Whatever You Will

"Say unto my soul, I am thy salvation" (Psalm 35:3). "My son, if thou wilt receive my words.... so that thou incline thine ear to wisdom.... If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures, then shall thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God" (Proverbs 2:1-5).

Say to my soul, Lord, I am thy salvation.
Say what You will, for I'm ready to hear.
Direct by Your Spirit the whole conversation;
You have the treasures of knowledge and fear.

Say to my soul, Lord, what You know I need.
Search me and know me, as no one else can.
Surely I'd stray, Lord, if You did not lead;
Teach me to walk in the way of Your plan.

Lord, I delight in the privilege of prayer,
But frankly, I tire of hearing my voice.
I'd rather be hearing the truth that You share.
This is my sweet meditation of choice.

No comments: