Saturday, October 06, 2007

Counsel that Conquers

"My son, keep thy father's commandment.... When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee" (Proverbs 6:20,22). "I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil. And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen" (Romans 16:19,20).

What marvelous counsel I have in God's Word
That leads me, that keeps me, and talks to my soul!
Thus I am spared from the lies I have heard
That lead hearts astray (Satan's tireless goal).

The voice of division, the voice of seduction,
The voice deception that Satan inspires,
All have this purpose: the death and destruction
Of souls that are conquered by evil desires.

Let us be wise in that which is good;
Let us be simple in evil explored,
Obeying commandments that we've understood,
Enabled by grace that proceeds from our Lord.

Counsel that conquers is ours for the taking,
For Satan is bruised by obedient feet.
Whether we're walking, we're working, or waking,
The counsel of God is protective and sweet.

No comments: