Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Homeland Hope

"If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:14).

The very best security
A homeland can enjoy
Is not by the artillery
Her forces may employ.

It's not in brilliant speeches
The orator conveys,
But what the Scripture teaches
About the land that prays.

The city's watchmen wake in vain
Unless God does the keeping.
If God does not their cause sustain,
They might as well be sleeping.

If My people by My name,
Will therefore humbly pray,
And seek my face, and turn from shame
And every wicked way,

Then I'll surely hear their prayer,
And I'll forgive their sin,
And I will heal them then and there,
And all their land within.

No comments: