Monday, October 08, 2007

Favored Forever

"By this I know that Thou favorest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me. And as for me, Thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before Thy face forever. Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting. Amen, and Amen" (Psalm 41:11-13). "From everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.... My delights were with the sons of men" (Proverbs 8:23,31).

Eternally present, O Lord, You have been;
Before there was time You delighted in me.
From everlasting You favored me then,
And You will uphold me through eternity.

I'm favored forever! How can it be true?
It's not because I am deserving of grace,
But rather because it was pleasing to You
To wash me from sin and to die in my place.

From everlasting, before Your creation,
Lord, I was the object of Your loving favor.
To everlasting, exploring salvation,
I'll thank You and praise You, my God and my Savior!

No comments: