Thursday, October 18, 2007

Inward Integrity

"Behold, Thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part Thou shalt make me to know wisdom.... Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me" (Psalm 51:6,10). "A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself" (Proverbs 18:2).

Lord, I gladly shed my mask
As I draw near to You.
A clean heart, Lord, is all I ask,
That inwardly is true.

It's not enough to understand
My wretchedness within.
I need Your healing, saving hand,
To wash me from my sin.

There's nothing good that I can see
Within my sinful heart
Apart from grace that cleanses me
Throughout my inward part.

Lord, You have shown the truth to me
And I am glad you did.
I'd rather have integrity,
Than inwardly be hid.

Create in me a clean heart, Lord;
My inward part, renew.
There's no one else to turn toward,
My gracious God, but You.

No comments: