Sunday, October 28, 2007

Viewing my Vows

"Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.... that I may daily perform my vows" (Psalm 61:1,8). "They that seek the Lord understand all things" (Proverbs 28:5). "Wherefore we labor that... we may be accepted of Him.... For the love of Christ constraineth us, because we thus judge... that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them, and rose again" (2 Corinthians 5:9-15).

Lead me to the rock, Lord, that is higher than I am,
That I may from Your vantage point thus see,
That I may know Your purpose, and glorify the Lamb,
And thus perform Your perfect will for me.

There's such a wide variety of things that I would do,
But I would know exactly what is right.
That daily I may consecrate myself, O Lord, to You
And thus perform what's pleasing in Your sight.

I would know Your purpose for me that You ordain:
The what, the where, the why, the when, and how.
So I will seek Your face, O Lord, that You may make it plain,
That I may daily thus perform each vow.

Always keep before us, Lord, this viewpoint from above;
The reason that we labor now is thus:
We're not constrained by duty, but rather by Your love,
To live for Him who gave Himself for us.

No comments: