Saturday, October 28, 2023

Humble vs. Haughty

Read:  Psalm 131 / Proverbs 28 / 2 Kings 5 / 1 Corinthians 4

 

Psalm 131:1 ~ LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.

Proverbs 28:26 ~ He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.

2 Kings 5:11 ~ Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the LORD his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.

1 Corinthians 4:4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

 

The heart that is humble and wise

Will trust in our Savior's dominion. 

The heart that is haughty relies

On arrogant, self-willed opinion.

 

Though Naaman was haughty at first,

He humbly then sought the Lord’s favor.

We likewise, who once had been cursed,

Like Naaman are blessed by our Savior.  

 


No comments: