Sunday, October 01, 2023

Hope vs. Horror

Read:  Psalm 119:49-56 / Proverbs 1 / 2 Samuel 24 / Acts 21

 

Psalm 119:52,53 ~ I remembered thy judgments of old, O LORD; and have comforted myself. Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law. 

Proverbs 1:7 ~ The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

2 Samuel 24:10 ~ David said unto the LORD, I have sinned greatly...  and now, I beseech thee, O LORD, take away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.

Acts 21:13,14 ~ I am ready... to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.... The will of the Lord be done. 

 

The judgments of the LORD at last

Give hope to all who trust our Savior,

Since all our confidence is cast

Upon His promised saving favor. 

 

Yet horror in the future looms

For those refusing God's salvation. 

There is no hope beyond their tombs,

But rather fearful condemnation!  

 


No comments: