Sunday, August 18, 2019

Satisfaction in my Savior

Read:  Psalm 81 / Proverbs 18 / 1 Samuel 11 /Luke 22

 Psalm 81:12-16 So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lust: and they walked in their own counsels. Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and... had walked in my ways!... With honey out of the rock should I have satisfied thee.
Proverbs 18:1-2,24 Through desire a man... seeketh... with all wisdom.  A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself... there is a Friend... closer than a brother.
1 Samuel 11:13 And Saul said... Today the LORD hath wrought salvation... and all the men of Israel rejoiced greatly.
Luke 22:37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

How wonderful is the salvation
Of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior!
He has removed my condemnation,
Replacing it with saving favor. 

Away with every vain distraction:
God’s prophecies expose their end! 
In Christ I find my satisfaction;
He is my best and closest Friend.  


No comments: