Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Gladness and Glory of God

Read:  Psalm 90 / Proverbs 27 / 1 Samuel 20 / John 7

Psalm 90:12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
Proverbs 27:1,11 Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth... My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth me.
1 Samuel 20:14-15 And thou shalt not only while yet I live shew me the kindness of the LORD, that I die not: but also thou shalt not cut off thy kindness from my house for ever.
John 7:18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

We wisely should number our days,
Since we only live a short while, 
That we may give God His due praise
And live for the joy of His smile. 

Let this be our life's simple story:
We lived for the gladness of God
To give to our Lord all the glory,
Regardless of who would applaud.  


No comments: