Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Graying with Grace

Read:  Psalm 71 / Proverbs 18 / Exodus 16 / 1 Corinthians 12

Psalm 71:17-18 O God, thou hast taught me from my youth... now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not until I have showed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to everyone that is to come.
Proverbs 18:15,21 The ear of the wise seeketh knowledge... Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
Exodus 16:9  Come near before the LORD: for He hath heard your murmurings.
1 Corinthians 12:18,31 Now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased Him.... and yet show I unto you a more excellent way.

The Lord who taught me from my youth
Will not forsake me when I'm old,
That I may magnify His truth
And show His mercies yet untold. 

The murmurings that God has heard,
So void of truth and godly fear,
Shall be corrected by His Word
With grace that makes His purpose clear.  


No comments: