Sunday, July 15, 2018

Discerned by Delight

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.  But his delight is in the law of the LORD" (Psalm 1:1,2).  "Hell and destruction are before the LORD: how much more then the hearts of the children of men?" (Proverbs 15:11).  "Ye believe not, because ye are not of My sheep, as I said unto you.  My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me:  and I give unto them eternal life" (John 10:26-28). 

The Lord discerns our deepest thought;
There's nothing hidden from His sight. 
The counsel of the Lord is sought
By those who in His law delight.

The Lord beholds the sinner's heart
That still delights  in hell's seduction
And yet refuses to depart
From that which leads him to destruction. 

There is a way we can discern
The hearts that truly are His own:   
All those who are His sheep will yearn
To follow Christ and make Him known.

O Lord, You have discerned all those
Who hear Your voice and follow too.
They are Your sheep because they chose
To place their heart's delight in You.  


No comments: