Saturday, April 07, 2018

Drawing Near in the Dark Night

"I am continually with Thee: Thou hast holden me by my right hand... It is good for me to draw near to God… that I may declare all Thy works" (Psalm 73:23-28).  "My son… lay up My commandments with thee… in the black and dark night" (Proverbs 7:1,9).  "Jesus Christ, who… loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood… laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore" (Revelation 1:5,17,18).

Now drawing near to God I find
He's held my right hand, night and day;
Yes, even when I was inclined
In foolishness to go astray. 

He gives me His commands of love
To guide me in His path with light. 
He intercedes for me above
And leads me through the darkest night. 

It's good to worship Jesus Christ
Who shed His blood to save my soul,
Who for my sins was sacrificed,
And paid redemption's price in full. 

How good it is, Lord, to draw near
Now in the dark night on this path
Where You have called me not to fear,
Since You have rescued me from wrath.  


No comments: