Friday, April 27, 2018

Nullified Noise

"The floods have lifted up, O LORD, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their waves.  The LORD on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, yea, than the mighty waves of the sea" (Psalm 93:3,4).  "My son, be wise, and make My heart glad" (Proverbs 27:11 ).  "And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying… Behold, I make all things new.  And He said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful" (Revelation 21:3,5). 

The Lord has nullified the noise
Of rising floods and crashing waves. 
We've heard His Word that He employs!
We've seen His mighty hand that saves!

The Lord commands, commotion dies,
And fears subside that we once had. 
We hear Him say, "My son, be wise," 
And simply live to make Him glad. 

We hear the voice of God attest 
That He is making all things new. 
How confidently we can rest
In knowing that these things are true! 

O Lord, the noise is surely loud
Of voices boasting in their pride,
But You shall silence all the proud,
And thus their noise is nullified.  

No comments: