Monday, January 08, 2018

Reflecting on Rebekah

Additional Quiet Time Poem: 

"In His favor is life... LORD, by Thy favor Thou hast made my mountain to stand strong... to the end that my glory may sing praise to Thee"( Psalm 30:5,7,12).  "Whoso findeth Me findeth life, and shall obtain favor of the LORD" (Proverbs 8:35).  "If ye will deal... truly with my master, tell me: and if not, tell me; that I may turn to the right hand, or to the left... And they called Rebekah, and said unto her, Wilt thou go with this man? And she said, I will go" (Genesis 24:49,58).  "God... knoweth the hearts... Known unto God are all His works from the beginning of the world" (Acts 15:8,18). 

Reflecting on our Lord's great favor
Wherein we find abundant life,
We see the bride of Christ our Savior
Foreseen in Isaac's willing wife. 

We hear it from our Savior's voice,
Who makes our mountain to stand strong,
That He extends to all a choice
To choose the right or choose the wrong. 

As to Rebekah, God has said
To answer YES, or answer NO: 
Will you by Jesus Christ be led?
Will you with this Man choose to go? 

O Lord, You know the hearts of all! 
Reflecting on Rebekah here,
We thank You for Your gracious call,
Foreseeing those who will draw near.  


No comments: