Sunday, January 14, 2018

Day by Day


"Jacob said unto Pharaoh, The days of the years of my pilgrimage are an hundred and thirty years: few and evil have the days of the years of my life been... and the time drew nigh that Israel must die" (Genesis 47:9,29).  "O LORD, Thou hast searched me, and known me... How precious also are Thy thoughts unto me, O God!... When I awake, I am still with Thee" (Psalm 139:1,17,18).  "For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day" (2 Corinthians 4:16). 

If life exceeds one hundred years, 
Our days on earth still seem so few
As our eternal home appears
When endless ages are in view. 

We ought to view, therefore, our days
As precious gifts that God will give,
Inviting Him to search our ways
And teach us daily how to live. 

Each day He's there when we awake
To share His thoughts with us again. 
How precious is this time we take
To hear His Word and praise Him then.

Lord, day by day we learn to cherish
Your morning mercies ever new,
Assured that, though our bodies perish,
We'll soon be face to face with You.  


No comments: