Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Overruling Comfort in the Overwhelming Conflict


"Ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive" (Genesis 50:20).  "When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then Thou knewest my path... there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.  I cried unto Thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my Refuge and my Portion in the land of the living" (Psalm 142:3-5).  "God, that comforteth those that are cast down, comforted us" (2 Corinthians 7:6).

There is no comfort that is greater
Than trusting God the way we should.
He is our Savior and Creator 
Who purposes all things for good. 

When circumstances overwhelm
And rob our heart of perfect peace,
Our Savior still is at the helm,
And at His Word, the storm will cease.  

The Lord commands the crashing waves
As winds still heed Him and obey. 
There's no one else like Christ who saves
The souls who trust in Him today. 

Your overruling comfort, Lord,
When overwhelming conflict rages,
By Your own voice has been restored,
Which we have heard from Scripture's pages.  


No comments: