Saturday, January 13, 2018

Glory to Glory


"God spake unto Israel... And He said, I am God, the God of thy father: fear not to go down into Egypt; for I will there make of thee a great nation.  I will go down with thee... and I will also surely bring thee up again" (Genesis 46:2-4).  "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, Thou wilt revive me... The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me" (Psalm 138:7,8).  "We all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory" (2 Corinthians 3:18). 

The Lord would make Jacob a nation;
He told him that he should not fear,
And so, upon this declaration,
The purpose of God was made clear. 

The Lord knows His purpose for us
Though we may not see it through pain,
Yet knowing He's faithful, we trust
He's working all things for our gain. 

The Lord is perfecting His plans
To change us from glory to glory,
For we are the work of His hands,
And He knows the end of our story.

O Lord, we give thanks for Your grace
That daily in us is perfected. 
From glory to glory we trace
The image of Christ thus reflected.  


No comments: