Sunday, March 27, 2016

Experience the Expectation


"My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him.  He only is my Rock and my salvation: He is my Defense; I shall not be moved.  In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.  Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a Refuge for us" (Psalm 62:5-8).  "When the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away… Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you" (1 Peter 5:4,7). 

The resurrection of our Savior
Fulfilled the promise that He made. 
Let expectations be restored! 
His faithfulness has been displayed! 

What confidence our Shepherd gives
To those who gather as His flock. 
Because our Lord forever lives
He is our Refuge and our Rock! 

Experience the expectation: 
Behold the tomb!  He is not there! 
And now we hear His invitation
To cast upon Him all our care!                 

O Lord, we rest with confidence
That You will surely come again. 
Expecting that experience,
We pray, Lord Jesus, come!  Amen!  


No comments: