Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Thou Thoughtest


"These abominable customs... were committed before you... defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God" (Leviticus 18:30).  "These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee... Now consider this... I shew the salvation of God" (Psalm 50:21-23).  "The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD... and before honor is humility" (Proverbs 15:26,33).  "Without faith it is impossible to please Him" (Hebrews 11:6). 

The Lord our God in judgment sits,
And every thought by Him is weighed. 
He sees the sin our land commits
As our rebellion is displayed. 

The things America has done
Before His eyes are not removed.
"Thou thoughtest... I was... such an one,"
Says God, but we shall be reproved. 

The Lord, who ponders every thought,
Reveals His examination
Of faith in Him, which He has sought,
To show the way of His salvation. 

O Lord, how prone we are to stumble,
Until our thoughts have been revealed. 
O teach us that we may be humble,
And lead us that we may be healed.  


No comments: