Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Wander in Tears or Walk in Truth


“Thou tellest my wanderings: put Thou my tears into Thy bottle: are they not in Thy book?... This I know; for God is for me.  In God will I praise His Word: in the LORD will I praise His Word.  In God have I put my trust… For Thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not Thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?” (Psalm 56:8-13). 

We wander in tears - or obey;
Two choices exist, not a third. 
We’ll go in our own stubborn way
Or walk in the truth we have heard. 

It’s wise to be trusting the Lord
Who counsels us daily for good.
In God we shall find our reward
When we have obeyed as we should.

Each day we must make a decision
To walk in the truth God will give.
His Word is a light for our vision
To show us the way we should live. 

When everything else seems obscure,
There’s one thing we surely may know: 
That God is for us, we are sure! 
May this confidence in us grow! 

The Lord who delivered our souls
Upholds us by grace He is giving.
We’re trusting in Him who controls
All things in the land of the living. 

O Lord, through this desert of tears,
There’s no time for us to now wander! 
Sufficient are all of the years
Behind us to learn from and ponder!

O Lord, fix our eyes on Your calling
To do what You’ve called us to do,
To walk in Your truth without falling,
And draw precious souls now to You. 


No comments: