Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Expressing my Expectation


“My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him. He only is my Rock and my Salvation: He is my Defense; I shall not be moved.  In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.  Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a Refuge for us” (Psalm 62:5-8).  

My soul, be done with lesser things
And wait alone on God your Savior! 
The Lord of lords and King of kings
Has looked upon you with His favor! 

My expectation is from Christ
Who gave Himself to save my soul. 
For me my Lord was sacrificed;
He paid my ransom then in full. 

He only is my Solid Rock;
He is my Glory and Salvation. 
It matters not how many mock;
They cannot change my expectation. 

My soul rejoices in the Lord;
My refuge is in God alone. 
My heart in worship is outpoured
As Christ has made His mercy known.  

There is no other I can trust;
At all times He extends His grace. 
I run to Him because I must: 
He only is my Hiding Place!

O Lord, receive my grateful praise
For love too great to comprehend,
For faithfulness in all Your ways,
And grace on which I can depend. 

Lord, in these days of dark delusion,
My expectation is expressed,
For in Your Word there’s no confusion,
And in Your mercy is my rest. 


No comments: