Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Dusk to Dawn to Day


“I command thee this day, to love the LORD thy God, and to walk ever in his ways” (Deuteronomy 19:9).  “Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and He shall hear my voice… Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and He shall sustain thee” (Psalm 55:17,22).  “My son, keep thy Father's commandment… When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee” (Proverbs 6:20-22).  “Except ye repent, ye shall… perish” (Luke 13:3). 

My God has commanded my heart
To love Him and walk in His ways
With grace that He’ll daily impart
To give Him continual praise. 

At evening, at morning, at noon,
And all of the times in between,
I’m sure I cannot pray too soon
That God may for me intervene.  

I’m hearing my Lord’s conversation,
Reflecting on what I have read
Each morning by His invitation
To hear Him and do what He said. 

My Father commands me to keep
His daily instruction I’ve heard. 
At night when I’m going to sleep,
He’s guarding my heart with His Word.

My schedule is settled at last
Accordingly when I should pray:
On God all my burdens are cast
From dusk till the dawn and all day! 

From evening till dawn has arrived,  
From dawn till the daytime shall end,
O Lord, by Your Word I’m revived
By mercies You daily extend.  

Lord, thank You for such lovingkindness
Embedded in every command.
The lost yet walk on in their blindness,
But daily I’m led by Your hand. 

How swiftly the dusk turns to dawn!
How soon shall my last day be spent!
Lord, use me that souls may be drawn
To seek You so they may repent! 


No comments: