Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Words in the Wilderness


“O God, thou art my God; early will I seek Thee: my soul thirsteth for Thee, my flesh longeth for Thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is” (Psalm 63:1).  “The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death” (Proverbs 14:27).  “My words shall not pass away… And all the people came early in the morning to Him in the temple, for to hear Him” (Luke 21:33-38). 

There is no fountain in this land
Apart from Jesus Christ my Savior. 
The snares of death are near at hand,
But they’re avoided by His favor. 

This desert land is waterless
But Christ now satisfies my thirst.
He leads me through this wilderness,
Exposing snares around me first. 

By Christ my soul is satisfied:  
He is a Fountain ever near, 
My God, my Savior, and my Guide,
Instructing me with Godly fear. 

His words shall never pass away,
Though fools dismiss them with their scorning.
His voice instructs me every day
When I have heard Him in the morning.  

He draws my heart to hear His voice,
And thereby satisfies my soul. 
I listen to Him and rejoice
As from His Word my heart is full!

Like those who to the temple came
To hear Him when the day would start,
I rise up thirsting for the same
Within the temple of my heart.   

Lord, thank You for Your daily call
To hear You speaking from Your Word,
To lift my head up when I fall,
To strengthen me by what I've heard.

Lord, lead me daily to this place,
Within this wilderness so dry
To satisfy my thirst with grace
Which stirs my heart to testify.   


No comments: