Saturday, May 24, 2014

Drawn to Drink


“I am continually with Thee… God is the Strength of my heart, and my Portion forever… It is good for me to draw near to God:  I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all Thy works” (Psalm 73:23-28).  “Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink.  He that believeth on Me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.  But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on Him should receive” (John 7:37-39). 

The Lord is the Strength of my heart,
And He is my Portion forever. 
I know He will never depart;
His presence no power can sever. 

It’s good for me now to draw near,
Declaring the works of His love. 
His love casts away all my fear
And sets my affections above. 

My Savior now draws me to drink
To satisfy all of my thirst. 
My heart is amazed as I think
That He set His love on me first!

I draw from the well of salvation;
I drink from the fountain in Christ,
Astonished by this declaration: 
FOR ME was my Lord sacrificed!

He gave to me also His Spirit
As rivers of water which flow,
With Good News for those who will hear it,
Declaring the truth that I know. 

O Lord, by Your Spirit I’m drawn
To drink from Your thirst-quenching well. 
The sins that condemned me are gone;
You died to redeem me from hell. 

Lord, send me to tell others too
Who thirst for the truth You have shown
As You draw their hearts now to You
To drink as You make Yourself known. 


No comments: