Thursday, August 01, 2013

Strength, Song, Salvation

“I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place… The LORD is my Strength and Song, and is become my Salvation” (Psalm 118:5,14).  “Turn you at My reproof: behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known My words unto you” (Proverbs 1:23).   

How greatly I was once distressed
Before I met my Lord and Savior.
I looked for refuge and for rest;
I found it in His saving favor! 

I lifted to the Lord my voice,
Yet didn’t know if He was there.
I simply had no other choice,
For no one else was left to care!

The Lord has now become my Strength:
He found me when I was so weak!
He drew my heart to Him at length
To turn to Him and hear Him speak.

The Lord has now become my Song
I sing the greatness of my Lord!
Eternity is not too long
For love so great to be explored.

The Lord at last is my Salvation
Since I have called upon His name.
He rescued me from condemnation,
By bearing all my sin and shame. 

Lord, as You promised, You’ve made known
Your words by Your reproving Spirit,
To trust the Gospel You have shown
And hold it forth for souls to hear it.

O Lord, my Strength, my Song of joy,
My Great Salvation from above,
Let all within me now employ
Your grace that manifests Your love.


No comments: