Friday, August 09, 2013

Not Delaying to Now Decide

“I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto Thy testimonies.  I made haste, and delayed not to keep Thy commandments” (Psalm 119:59,60).  “Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding… The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding” (Proverbs 9:6,10).  “For mine eyes have seen thy salvation…a sign which shall be spoken against… that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed” (Luke 2:30-35).

I mused, delaying not to turn:
Eternity had gripped my thought!
The fire had begun to burn,
Unquenchable and raging hot!

My heart was ready then to hear,
Which God had graciously prepared.
The grace of God taught me to fear
And taught me also that He cared. 

I heard the Word He was commanding
As He was knocking at my door.
He gave to me an understanding,
And should I wait a moment more?!

The Lord was waiting to come in;
The time had come for me to pray. 
I opened, He removed my sin,
And saved my soul without delay! 

I came by His commandment then,
Which others foolishly refuse.
Now by His grace I’m born again,
And I am preaching His good news!

My eyes have seen His great salvation! 
The fire burns within my soul
To now proclaim His invitation
To come to Christ who makes us whole!

O Lord, Your truth is not concealed
Which You’ve displayed in all the earth,
Yet rebel hearts are thus revealed,
Who thus deny themselves new birth.

Lord, keep our eyes, therefore, on You,
And grant us thereby heaven’s vision,
That we may plead with others too
To not delay in their decision.


No comments: