Sunday, August 25, 2013

Height of my Help

“My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth” (Psalm 121:2).  “The heaven for height, and the earth for depth, and the heart of kings is unsearchable” (Proverbs 25:3).  “He spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint... The publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.  I tell you, this man went down to his house justified” (Luke 18:1,13,14). 

The needs of my heart are much greater
That mere mortal helpers can give.
My help comes from God my Creator;
By Him, and Him only, I live.  

My Help came from heaven above
Descending in due time to earth.
The height of His infinite love
Was seen in my Lord’s lowly birth.

Behold here the infinite price
That Jesus was willing to pay,
Becoming the great Sacrifice,
So I could be saved when I pray! 

Recalling that day when I prayed,
Reminds me to call on Him still. 
I know I shall not be dismayed;
His promises He shall fulfill.

Unsearchable still are my needs,
As Jesus my Lord surely knows.
I rest in the knowledge He leads,
And great is the grace He bestows.

My heart, Lord, rejoices in You,
The Maker of all of creation.
How great are the things that You do,
And marvelous is Your salvation!

The help that You give, precious Lord,
Is greater than searching can tell! 
No other but You could afford
The ransom that saved me from hell. 

In view, Lord, of grace You have shown
That meets every need of my heart,
I would, as You send me, make known
The height of this help You impart.


No comments: