Friday, January 25, 2013

Walls of His Will

“I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt Thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.  I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me” (Psalm 101:2,3).  “Take away the wicked from before the King, and His throne shall be established in righteousness.  Put not forth thyself in the presence of the King… He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and WITHOUT WALLS” (Proverbs 25:5,6,28).  “The WILL of the Lord be done” (Acts 21:14).

There’s only one way I may truly be wise:  
Submit to the rule of my God and my Savior!
Let wicked distractions depart from my eyes
As God rules my heart and controls my behavior.

I’d put not myself in the place of my King,
Or think there are times I should rule on the throne.
Let Christ have His way and control everything,
So His saving health in my life may be shown.

There’s no other rule that has ever sufficed  
To lead me in triumph where His Spirit calls.
If I am not ruled by the Lord Jesus Christ,
I am like a city with broken down walls.

Let this be the rule in my spirit and soul: 
Let Christ now increase His dominion in me,  
Enlarging my heart with His gracious control,
Unveiling His truth that is making me free!

O Lord, rule my heart!  All Your pleasure fulfill!
How great is Your mercy extending Your reign!
My life finds its purpose in doing Your will,
And life that is otherwise spent is in vain.

No comments: